Play or Download this Episode
Download MP3 (44 MB / 00:47:22)
Subscribe to the Show
We are now also syndicated on Stitcher.
About the Show
This is BizCraft, the podcast about the business side of web design, recorded live almost every two weeks. Your hosts are Carl Smith (@carlsmith) of nGen Works and Gene Crawford (@genecrawford) of UnmatchedStyle.
In this episode of BizCraft Carl and Gene talk about things going on in the web design business industry. How shops are struggling and some reasons why maybe.
The Truth-teller Episode… State of the web and stuff…
Topics we discussed:
- Struggling shops. Shops of all shapes and sizes.
- Lots of talent going to work for the bigs (Apple, Facebook, etc…)
- Adaptive Path acquired by Capital One
- Specialized vs. Generalist
- Full Services shops popping up again…
- Agencies scooping up small web shops
- New work vs. Old Relationships
SF shops closing their doors… (actually everywhere)
Jellyfish Alliance, article on the nGen site by Carl
Salaries going up, clients building internally, new talent growth and salaries.
Great article on this subject by Paul Boag on Creative Bloq
Hey send us follow up questions! and we’ll dig into what you send in an upcoming show. PROMISE!
Owner Summit January 2015 (ownersummit.com)